As per Annexure 1
STM Journals (An imprint of Consortium e-Learning Network Pvt Ltd.) publishes over 250+ Journals on
behalf of researchers around the world in science, Technology, and Medical. We pride ourselves on our
personalized service tailored to the individual needs of each of our partners. Specializing in print and
electronic journal publishing, STM is committed to technical and editorial innovation combined with the
traditional value of quality and collaboration. We are a hybrid-based journal publisher (Subscription and
Open Access) and published articles in both models.
STM journals have 14 excellences dedicated to their specific field. The Centre of Medical Knowledge
Excellence is a bouquet of 16 National and International Journals in medical and pharmacy. The peer
review process is a critical step in ensuring the quality and credibility of articles published in these
journals. It involves the evaluation of articles by independent experts in the field before they are accepted
The process begins when an author submits an article to a medical journal. The editor of the journal then
sends the article to two or more peer reviewers who have expertise in the subject matter of the article. The
reviewers are typically experts in the same field as the author and are often academics or researchers who
are actively engaged in research.
The peer reviewers evaluate the article based on a set of criteria, such as the accuracy and reliability of the
data, the clarity and relevance of the research question, and the significance of the findings. They provide
feedback to the editor, who then communicates the feedback to the author. This feedback may include
suggestions for revisions to the article, as well as comments on the strengths and weaknesses of the
The author then revises the article based on the feedback and resubmits it to the editor. The editor may
send the revised article back to the same peer reviewers for further evaluation, or to different reviewers.
This process continues until the article is deemed acceptable for publication.
The peer review process helps to ensure the accuracy, quality, and relevance of research published in
medical journals. It provides a mechanism for independent evaluation of research and allows researchers
to improve the quality of their work based on feedback from their peers.
Project: Consultant Associate Editor-6 Position: Consultant Associate Editor
Summary of Role: The Associate Editor is responsible for overseeing the entire peer review process for articles submitted to the journal. The associate editor will also be liaising with authors for article submission. Selecting peer reviewers: The editor selects and invites independent experts in the field to evaluate the articles submitted to the journal. The editor ensures that the reviewers have the necessary expertise and knowledge to evaluate the articles. Managing the peer review process: The editor manages the communication between the authors, reviewers, and the journal. The editor ensures that the peer review process is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. Ensuring quality and integrity: The associate editor ensures that the peer review process and the articles published in the journal meet high standards of quality, accuracy, and integrity. The editor upholds the ethical standards of the journal and ensures that the peer review process is conducted in a fair and unbiased manner. The editor is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with authors in the field. This involves reaching out to potential authors, providing guidance on the submission process, and communicating the standards and guidelines for publication. Identifying and acquiring high-quality content: The editor is responsible for identifying and acquiring high-quality content for the journal. This includes soliciting articles from authors, commissioning reviews and other types of content, and identifying new and emerging areas of research to cover in the journal.
As per Annexure 1
Task End Date:
Consultant Associate Editor2
1. DO provide a fair estimate for the work based on your understanding of the scope.
2. Communicate clearly and promptly with the company's editors and project managers.
3. Meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work.
4. Follow the company's style guide and other guidelines.
5. Be professional and respectful in all interactions with company staff and clients.
6. Keep client information confidential and respect their privacy.
7. Be open to feedback and willing to make revisions as needed.
8. Take responsibility for your work and be accountable for any mistakes or errors.
9. Manage your time and workload efficiently.
10. Keep up to date with industry trends and best practices.
11. Be proactive and suggest ideas for improving the work you're doing for the company.
1. Miss deadlines or deliver subpar work.
2. Plagiarize or otherwise engage in academic dishonesty.
3. Overstepping your bounds or making decisions that are outside of your purview.
4. Be disrespectful or unprofessional in your interactions with company staff and clients.
5. Share confidential client information or violate their privacy.
6. Disregard the company's guidelines or fail to follow the editorial style guide.
7. Ignore or dismiss feedback from editors and project managers.
8. Be unresponsive or difficult to contact.
9. Take on more work than you can handle or fail to manage your workload effectively.
10. Be complacent and fail to continuously improve your skills and knowledge.
12. Don’t be unprofessional and unorganized; use a systematic approach to your freelance work.